I haven’t been able to put down my 3DS since the launch of Pokemon X and Y. I’m out to become the Ultimate Pokemon Master. To do so, I needed the best Pokemon. After scouring the web and testing various methods, I’ve found the best way to breed perfect Team!
Pokemon X and Y’s breeding mechanics make obtaining perfect Pokemon much simpler than ever before. For anyone looking to go the extra mile and breed perfect Pokemon, just follow the simple steps in the guide below.
Breeding Perfect Pokemon
Steps to take before breeding the perfect Pokemon:
1.You must beat the Elite 4 before breeding. Doing so unlocks the Friend Safari, which simplifies the breeding process. It’s a waste of time breeding without access to Friend Safari.
2. Find someone with Dittos in their Friend Safari and catch a lot of them. The goal here is to get one with every useful Nature.
3. Once you have your dittos, take them to the IV checker in the Kiloude City Pokemon center. Each of them will have (at least) 2 perfect IVs, and he’ll tell you what they are by saying that the skill “can’t be better”. They do not need to have their Hidden Ability.
- Optional: Nickname the dittos based on what perfect IVs they have.
- Example: Special Attack and Special Defense IV = “SpAtkSpDef”
4. Obtain the following items:
- Every power item (Power Band, Power Anklet, etc) from the Battle Maison.
- The Destiny Knot from an NPC in Cyllage City.
- The Everstone from an NPC in Geosenge Town.
Now follow these steps to breed perfect Pokemon:
5. Get the pokemon you want to breed. If you want its hidden ability, you will need to get one from the Friend Safari. Breed it with a Ditto of the right nature. Make sure that Ditto is holding an everstone.
- Disclaimer: This step guarantees the baby Pokemon will have the right nature. It is not guaranteed to get the hidden ability if you’re breeding for it. This applies to all further steps when dealing with hidden abilities.
6. Breed this new hatchling Pokemon with a Ditto that has a perfect IV that you want to have, and give it the appropriate power item. Move the Everstone to the pokemon you just bred. The hatchling pokemon will have the perfect value for that IV, and the right nature.
7. Breed this new baby with a different ditto who has two different perfect IVs, holding a power item for one of its perfect IVs. Your baby should continue to hold the Everstone. The goal here is to get a baby with 2 perfect IVs, which is about a 1 in 3 chance. Take all of your babies to the Kiloude city IV checker until one has 2 perfect IVs.
8. Breed this new baby with yet another ditto who has two different perfect IVs. Between them, your pokemon should now have 4 perfect IVs, so give the ditto the item Destiny Knot. Your baby continues to hold the Everstone. At this point, your Pokemon have a good chance of hatching with 3 perfect IVs.
9. Once you get one with 3 perfect IVs, again make that baby the new parent and have it hold the everstone, and get another ditto with 2 different perfect IVs and give it Destiny Knot. Do the same when you get your first 4 perfect IV baby. The eventual goal here is to breed a baby of each gender with 5 perfect IVs and make them your parents.
10. When you have both parents having 5 perfect IVs holding Everstone and the Destiny Knot, you have about a 1 in 200 chance that a hatched baby will have completely perfect IVs.
Disclaimer: Don’t throw away male babies with 5 perfect IVs. These can be used in place of dittos to breed with other pokemon in their egg groups, and you can use Destiny Knot right from the start to speed up this process dramatically.